ISLEWORTH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ISLEWORTH

Bringing Locals Together

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

£120 Fine for Being in the Bike Lane

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Graham

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-07-05

£120 Fine for Being in the Bike Lane Empty
PostSubject: £120 Fine for Being in the Bike Lane   £120 Fine for Being in the Bike Lane Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:07 pm

Drivers face £120 fines for straying into cycle lanes under new plans being considered.

Even those just trying to pass a car turning right would be clobbered.
Transport For London wants civilian staff in the capital to monitor CCTV and issue fines by post.
If successful, the rules the rules could go nationwide.
Police can already impose a £30 penalty fine.

Transport Chiefs said the new rules would make cycling safer and encourage more riders.

But an AA spokesman said "Drivers may need to go into lanes briefly to keep traffic moving, A misdemeanor has to occur sometimes for common sense reasons"

I think its a fantastic idea its about time.
As to the AA comment's what a load of Horse, if a car is in the Bike lane it means bike riders like me have to go on the pavement which is against the law, the lines are there for a reason so i say i hope its brought into affect soon.
Back to top Go down
Tony Fitzpatric

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-11

£120 Fine for Being in the Bike Lane Empty
PostSubject: Re: £120 Fine for Being in the Bike Lane   £120 Fine for Being in the Bike Lane Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 6:50 pm

What about bikes riders going into the road outside the line can we run them over?
Back to top Go down

£120 Fine for Being in the Bike Lane
Page 1 of 1