ISLEWORTH
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ISLEWORTH

Bringing Locals Together

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jehovah Witnesses

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Simon_Anderson

Simon_Anderson

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Jehovah Witnesses Empty
PostSubject: Jehovah Witnesses   Jehovah Witnesses Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:57 pm

At 0945 this morning i was visited by 2 Jehovah Witnesses this is the 3rd lot in the past 6mths.

I feel there should be a law to stop these people knocking on your doors.

Now I've nothing personal against them as my Mum's sister is one but they shouldn't be allowed to knock on your door preaching.

You don't members of The Christian or Catholic Church knocking on your doors.

I feel religion should be kept to the individual if you want to be religious of any kind its up to you but knocking on peoples doors is wrong if i want to be a Jehovah Witness i will Join.

I am not a religious man and i can understand the Catholic and Christian faith but Jehovah well i don't understand this at all.

They pray for God but they deny "Jesus"
They refuse to celebrate his Birthday (Xmas)
They refuse to Celebrate his Resurrection (Easter)
They even refuse to celebrate Loved ones Birthdays even there own Children.

The last thing about them i cant understand is this whole "Blood Transfusion" issues.

They refuse to Have a Blood transfusion and will not allow there children to have one if they really needed one..shouldn't you live for your Children and do everything in your power to keep them safe and Well?

They say having a blood transfusion contaminates them and they will not be accepted in Heaven as there Bodies wont be pure.

Now tell me if i am wrong but you don't have to submit a Blood sample on arrival of the Pearly Gates, Its Checked out and if your pure you are allowed in.

The Bible says we are ALL God's Children which means we all get into Heaven (if you believe all this stuff)

I think they are totally ignorant refusing to except the Birth and death of Jesus when Jesus died on a Cross for our sins.

Like I said i am NOT religious but come on these people should STOP knocking on our doors.
Back to top Go down
fiddlest

Jehovah Witnesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jehovah Witnesses   Jehovah Witnesses Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Quote :
They pray for God but they deny "Jesus"
Thats not true, they do believe in Jesus. Its Jews that dont like him.
Quote :
They refuse to celebrate his Birthday (Xmas)
Its quite widely known that Jesus wasn't born on 25/12, but the Romans decided to keep everyone happy by placing the celebration on the day of the festival of the sun/sun god. So, not knowing exactly when he was born, and not wanting to celebrate pagan festival....
Quote :
They refuse to Celebrate his Resurrection (Easter)
Wrong- not specifically easter, but you'll find there is an event to celebrate his sacrifice/death and resurrection on what equates to Nisan 14, or this year, 22nd March after sundown. It just doesnt involve bunnies and choccy eggs - thats another pagaan thing - fertility related i believe.
Quote :
They even refuse to celebrate Loved ones Birthdays even there own Children.
Thats because the mentions of birthdays in bible usually involve heads being removed etc. i think its only mention twice - and neither were happy events.
Quote :

The last thing about them i cant understand is this whole "Blood Transfusion" issues.
Blood transfusions is a complicated subject -why not ask next time they call - simple leaflet explains, but its to do with "abstaining from blood", unclean blood after leaving body etc, you wouldn't eat it if told not to, why put it in your veins... good way of looking at it is if a doc told you to abstain from alcohol for serious reasons - you wouldn't put it in a drip into your veins?

Quote :
They say having a blood transfusion contaminates them and they will not be accepted in Heaven as there Bodies wont be pure.
and again another untruth - JWs don't believe in whole heaven/hell/afterlifey thing - so not getting into heaven isn't the matter. It is related to being clean/unclean in God's eyes though, and following His commandments.
They do their best to hold on to life etc, and many other alternatives to transfusions are available, and can save a life, but if it comes to it, then doing the right thing is what counts.
try researching on watchtower.org should have some more answers.
Back to top Go down

Jehovah Witnesses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ISLEWORTH :: ISLEWORTH :: ISLEWORTH-
Jump to: